Money Saving Car Insurance Comparison Tips
One of the advantages that the Internet has given consumers is the ability to make comparisons instantly when shopping for virtually anything, including car insurance. The opportunity to acquire various quotes simultaneously gives the buyer the chance to save money.
But how should you go about making your car insurance comparison? Do you go to any site and simply get a bunch of quotes and choose the cheapest? Although the process is easy and fairly simple, there are some procedures that should be followed. Here are some tips that you can use to make the most of the information you’ll receive.
Insurance Comparison Sites
There are a few different kinds of car insurance comparison sites. You’ll find that some will only give you quotes from one specific company and others will require very little information from you before giving you a quote. Neither is desirable since you really want to be able to compare various quotes from different companies, and you want those quotes to be as accurate as possible.
When looking for a site:
Find one that asks a range of questions about your driving, car and insurance needs.
- Be sure they are connected to numerous insurance companies.
- You want to be able to see real quotes from many companies.
- Make sure they give you the information necessary to contact at least three to five companies.
- Make sure the quotes are sent to your email, giving you easy access to the information.
What You Need to Know
Before conducting your car insurance comparison, you want to have all of your present insurance information on hand. This includes how much and what kinds of coverage you have, your deductibles and cost. Just knowing your monthly premium is not enough. You’ll only be able to compare car insurance costs if you know what you are paying for along with how much.
There are two parts to your next step. The first part involves contacting the most promising companies, which means those that have given you the best quotes. Once again, you’ll need to know what you are presently getting for your money.
Here are a few questions to ask:
- What is the deductible? (Double-check)
- If you’re in an accident, what amount per day is available for car rental?
- If your windshield is damaged is replacement covered 100%?
- Are there additional discounts for AARP, AAA or other types of memberships?
- Are there discounts for carrying multiple insurance policies with the same company, such as car, homeowners, renters, boat, etc.?
Once these and other questions have been answered and if you’ve found a better price than you’re currently paying be sure to contact your present company and see if there’s any way that they can match or even better your best quote. They may or may not be able to do something, but the fact is there’s no harm in asking.
Make Your Choice
Now the choice is yours. You’re armed with the information you need to make a smart decision regarding the car insurance comparison you’ve just conducted. You may save some money by going with a new company, get your present company to offer you a discount or realize that you actually already have a pretty good deal and simply stay with your current policy writer.