Comprehensive Insurance – What it Can Do for Your Policy
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 1, 2016
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Many drivers are making the smart move to use a comprehensive insurance calculator to help make the best choices possible when it comes to getting your policy in place. Gone are the days when consumers were at the mercy of what the car insurance policy provider decided the rates would be. Now with so much competition to drive the cost of premiums down, car insurance companies no longer have the upper hand when it comes to getting insurance.
One of the major factors to decide on before using a comprehensive insurance calculator is to be certain this is the type of auto insurance coverage you need. There are so many types of auto insurance policies available these days it can be challenging to decide which one is right for you. Or if you already know comprehensive is what you need, you can skip ahead to take advantage of the comprehensive car insurance calculator.
Is Comprehensive Right for You?
Deciding which type of auto insurance policy coverage you need to protect you as a driver on the open road is sometimes the most complicated part of the process. It doesn’t really have to be though. You may want or need comprehensive auto insurance coverage if:
- You want to be protected against things that standard car insurance does not cover. For instance, many drivers make the incorrect assumption that their collision insurance covers things that comprehensive is actually responsible for covering. Collision car insurance coverage mainly covers just damage caused from a direct vehicular collision. In fact, some collision policies do not cover the damage if the result is from a collision with something such as a building or an animal. This is where comprehensive fills in the gaps.
- If you are concerned about the theft of your car, especially true if you are driving a new car that is financed. If you live, work or regularly park in an area where your car may be at high risk, you should have yourself protected from theft. Not to mention most comprehensive insurance calculator rates also factor in the possibility of vandalism, something else other types of policies rarely include.
- Protection from storm damage, natural disasters and even acts of God are generally only covered by having a comprehensive policy in place. If you want protection from hail, hurricanes or even fire, you will probably need to get your comprehensive auto insurance policy in order for total protection.
Is Comprehensive Car Insurance More Expensive?
While getting the amount of total protection and coverage that comes from having a comprehensive auto insurance policy for your vehicle may cost more than something simple such as a bare bones liability policy, it can still be affordable. By using the comprehensive insurance calculator you can be assured you will find the best, cheapest and most affordable premium rates on the market while still maintaining the level of complete comprehensive car insurance.
Why can you see better rates by using the comprehensive auto insurance calculator?
- When insurance policy providers compete for your business, they must work hard to lower rates to earn your business.
- Not all automobile insurance companies have the same requirements, therefore some offer lower rates. As long as you meet the basic requirements of your state and your car loan provider, the other details are up to you to pick and choose for adding or removing from your policy. For example, if you simply do not want flood coverage for your auto insurance, work with a company that does not include it or will remove it and see your rates dip even lower.
- Not all car insurance companies penalize drivers for accidents or infractions as much as others. So where one company may increase your rates for an accident from almost five years ago another may only worry about tickets or accidents that were within a three year time frame.
- The bottom line is that when you are able to look at all the rates available to you, there is a much greater chance you will save money. Not making a quick decision for your comprehensive car insurance coverage or settling for a policy in order to get one in place is bound to save you money.
So What If You Already Have a Comprehensive Auto Insurance Policy?
Just because you already have a car insurance policy like this in place doesn’t mean you can’t shop around. In fact it is just as important to shop around to even if you already have auto insurance. Using a comprehensive insurance calculator means you will never pay more than you should whether you are starting a new policy or renewing an existing one.
Too many drivers are unwise consumers when it comes to their current car insurance. When it comes time to renew the policy and pay those new set of premiums, they simply assume they are still getting the best rate. That or not having the time to compare new rates again causes these drivers to settle for their existing premium prices.
Using a comprehensive insurance calculator lets you check how your current provider fares in contrast to the other insurance policy providers on the market. You owe it to yourself at least at renewal time each year for your car insurance to check your rates against those of other insurance companies. If you do not give your auto insurance an annual “check up”, you can’t be sure it is up to the premium rate standards it should be.
It doesn’t matter if you are a first time driver or changing a policy again in your retirement age, you need to shop around. Meeting your state requirements at the very least is important to keep you a street legal driver. Taking your coverage further by getting comprehensive only ensures you will not have any last minutes financial surprises resulting in large financial burdens is a wise thing to do.
Take advantage of your comprehensive insurance calculator by simply using your zip code and be on your way to total protection today.