Liability Auto Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 1, 2016
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
When it’s time to get your liability car insurance, it’s time to use a liability auto insurance calculator to determine fair rates and what to expect for rates. Getting quotes from different companies offering liability auto insurance is the best way to help make your final decision for which to use for coverage. Whether you are getting your liability auto insurance policy in place for the first time or comparing rates for renewal, this type of tool can be very useful.
There are quite a few choices out there when it comes to getting your car insurance in order. You may already know you want liability car insurance or you may still be undecided. Whatever the case may be, here are a few things you should know about liability auto insurance:
- Almost every state requires drivers to have a minimum amount of this type of insurance in place in order to drive within the state legally. It is important when you use your liability auto insurance calculator that you factor in your state’s minimum requirements at least.
- Liability only covers the damage you cause to another driver’s vehicle, someone’s personal property and medical expenses up to a certain amount. You will obviously save on rates if you want to only carry a liability car insurance policy. However, you will have some large financial burdens to take care of yourself if you do have an accident and liability may not be enough of a policy for you.
- This is especially true if you have a car that still holds some value or you do not have medical health insurance. If you only have liability and you car is still worth a good deal of money, you could take a real loss by not having it covered. Also, without health insurance if you have any injuries all that cost will be yours.
Using a Liability Auto Insurance Calculator
The liability car insurance calculator is one of the best ways to determine what your potential car insurance rates will be. If you know you want liability insurance, the next step is finding out what can cause premium rate quotes to vary so much from company to company.
- Some if it is based solely on how competitive with rates a company wants to be. A policy provider who wants your business badly enough will offer rates that almost no other company can touch.
- Your driving record of course has a great deal to do with what your rates would be with any type of car insurance coverage. Your record of accidents and tickets as well as whether you have had any gaps in your car insurance premiums for longer than 30 days are all deciding details that shape your rates.
- Get at least three quotes to make companies compete and to help see what a variety of rates are available. If you are ready to get your quotes provided for you or use a liability auto insurance calculator for your premium quotes, get started right now by entering just your zip code.