Use a Car Insurance Premium Calculator to Get the Best Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 1, 2016
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you are in the market for car insurance, you need to be aware of everything involved in deciding your rates. You can find out by using a car or auto insurance premium calculator. This way, you can shop around to make sure you are getting the best deals, and you will know when someone is trying to sell you something you don’t really need. For instance, if you can’t afford full coverage, but are unsure of what you need to be on the road legally, using this insurance calculator will tell you what the insurance requirements are in your state.
Things that Influence the Cost of Car Insurance
A number of factors are taken into consideration when calculating the cost of car insurance. For instance, if you have a newer model vehicle, you will be eligible for certain discounts that are not available to owners of older vehicles. This is because:
- Newer model vehicles have most or all of the latest safety features, including front and side airbags, anti-lock brakes and more.
- Newer model vehicles usually have security features, such as anti-theft devices that will help to lower the cost of comprehensive coverage.
- Newer model vehicles are made from impact-resistant materials that are safer than the materials used in older models.
Having a new vehicle is just one thing that can influence the cost of your insurance. How often you drive is another factor. If you are only using your vehicle occasionally to run to the store and do other errands, your rates will be lower than if you are using it every day to go back and forth to work, to travel, etc. This is because the more you use your vehicle, the more chances there are of getting into an accident.
Discounts You May Be Eligible For
When you are using a car insurance premium calculator, be sure to include any discounts that you may be eligible for, or are already receiving from your current insurer (if you are already insured). If you are unaware of such discounts, you will learn about them through the calculator. Some of the discounts that you may be eligible for include:
- Age-related discounts – If you are above a certain age you may be eligible for a discount. Usually, drivers over the age of 40 can get discounts, depending on the insurer. If you do not know what the age is to qualify for discounts, you will learn when you use the insurance calculator.
- Safe driver discounts – If you have a proven record of being an excellent driving record, and you have no infractions on your record, you may be eligible for a discount on your insurance rates. If you are currently insured and you are not receiving this discount, it is something you need to look into.
- Driver education discounts – Anyone can take driver education classes. These are not just for high school students, and when you take these courses, you may be eligible for insurance discounts.
- Membership discounts – Belonging to certain organizations such as the American Automobile Association and AARP can entitle you to some discounts on car insurance, as well as other benefits.
Even if you already have insurance coverage, it is a good idea to use a car insurance premium calculator to see if you are getting the best deal. It never hurts to check things out every so often to see if there are any changes in rates or new discounts you may qualify for, and you can talk to your insurer about renegotiating your policy or switching to a different insurer all together.
Quotes Can Save You Money
Getting quotes from as many insurers in your area as possible is one of the best ways to save money on your premiums. When you shop around, you have options – you can make a decision after comparing your choices and the insurance products you need. Some insurers will try to sell you products that you don’t want or need, which is why you need to get quotes to see what everyone is offering.
Using a car insurance premium calculator is a great way to find out which insurers have the best deals, and you will be able to get the coverage you need and still save money. Give us your zip code and we’ll get you the quotes you need to get the best deals on auto insurance. It only takes a few minutes, and it can help you save money.